Monday, January 14, 2008

Random Observations by a 6-Year Old

Yesterday in church, I had one of those moments. Megan was sitting on my lap facing me and was hugging me tight. She's not always over-the-top with her affections so I take what I can get. As we were sitting there I started thinking, I'm on borrowed time here. It won't be long before she won't want to hold my hand in public, let alone sit on my lap during church. I remember that. I remember not wanting anyone to see me acting like a "baby" with my mom.

I sat there for a time holding her in church while her head was on my chest just soaking it in. After a bit, she looked up at me with her arms still around my neck. We looked into each other's eyes and I wondered if she had the same thought. That is until the following statements flowed from her mouth.

1) "What's that thing on your shirt?"
2) "What's up your nose?"
3) "Why do you have hair up your nose?"
4) "Actually, I see a booger up your nose, too."
5) "The skin on your face is so soft."
6) "Is it so soft because of the hair I see on your face?"

No comments: