Monday, March 17, 2008

Cartoon Categorization

This morning Jack wasn't feeling well. I had a TON of work to do, so in my typical Mother-of-the-Year fashion, I loaded Jack up on ibuprophen and sat him in front of the TV for a good 6 hours straight. As I checked in on him periodically, I think I could physically see his IQ dropping from watching too much TV. But as Jack sat feeling feverish on my couch, he informed me of the following:

"My favorite 'non-fighting' show is the Backyardigans and my favorite 'fighting' show is Ben 10 Alien-Force."

He followed that up with:

"Mom, did you know Pirates never sit down?"

and...

"Did you know there are footsteps when no one is around?"

Sometimes I wonder what goes on in that brain of his. His random thoughts reminded me of the little kid from the movie "Jerry Maguire" who tells Tom Cruise things like, "The human head weighs 8 pounds" and "Do you know bees can smell fear?". However, a co-worker of mine had a different slant on it. He's Canadian and grew up watching The Kids in the Hall. He likened Jacks comments more to a character named Gavin...

No comments: