Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Down Side of Birthing Children

I am sick. I have been fighting it for a few days now but I've definitely got what Jack had last week. I seem to have acquired this hacking cough that sneaks up on me. I think I actually pulled a muscle in my back from coughing so hard. It's either from coughing or from when I strained opening a tightly closed sippy cup (which would just be pathetic so I'm assuming it's the cough). Yesterday, I was on a conference call at work and thought I had my phone on mute. That is, until my co-worker, and friend, popped up on IM with "Dude, was that you coughing????". Oops! Last night, I slept apart from Jay so I wouldn't keep him awake. Today was more of the same.

Tonight, I was talking to Jay about the latest "status" on my illness. We were standing in the kitchen and I was explaining that the worst part of having a HORRIBLE cough for the last couple days was the amount of underwear I went through. He looked at me with his "uh, that's too much information" look but I felt the need to explain further. "Well, after you have a couple kids, your bladder doesn't work the way it used to. It's one of the side effects of having kids."

Apparently, Megan was sitting near us listening to the conversation because she chimed in with, "Um, I'm still here!" Jay looked at her and laughed and said, "Yeah! Me too!"

No comments: