Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spring Break

Spring break is coming up next week. This was a topic of discussion in our house tonight. The conversation went something like this:

Me: "So, what are you all going to do with all your free time next week?"
Jay: "I don't know. What do you want to do guys?"
Megan: "Aren't we going on vacation?"
Me (to myself): Uh, no. I'm still not over the last 3 family "vacations" we've taken where either Megan or Jack ended up in the hospital or emergency care facility. And yes (I responded to myself) I do realize that I need to get over it.
Me (to the rest of the family): "Not this Spring Break. We are going to Okoboji this summer though."
Megan: "Well, can't we go somewhere without having to get on a plane and we can drive by car? How about Wisconsin?"
Me: "Wisconsin???? Wisconsin is so close that you will still have to wear all your winter clothes. What fun is that?"
Megan: "Well, they have indoor water parks in Wisconsin. We could go to one of those."
Jack (looking up from putting together his puzzle): "Yeah, we can go to 'Co-Co Key'!

We all looked at each other and burst out laughing as we all have no idea where 'Co-Co Key' is!

No comments: