Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Fat Birds

As I looked out my sliding glass door this morning, I saw what might be the biggest Robin I've ever seen. I mean it. This bird was absolutely enormous. I called to Megan to come and see it, "Megan, get over here. You have got to see this Robin. It is so fat!" Megan came running and peered out the window for a moment. Then she looked at me, shrugged her shoulders and said, "Eh. I've seen fatter birds in the rainforest movie." I looked at her for a moment because 1) I don't believe there is such a thing as a fatter bird than we saw this morning and 2) What rainforest movie is she talking about?

I decided not to fight her on #1 and instead asked her, "What rainforest movie are you talking about?". She looked at me annoyed. She sighed and said, "The rainforest movie... we are watching it at school... you know... the rainforest???? We are studying the rainforest, you know!"

Uh,yeah. Thanks for the clarification. I refrained from turning into a six year old myself and responding, "Gee- sooooooorrrrry!"

No comments: