Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mother of the Year? Maybe next year.

Today our entire family went on a cleaning binge. Spring cleaning in the most literal sense. When I get in the mood to majorly clean, which isn't very often, Katie bar the doors as they say. Anything is fair game. Megan usually senses it and follows me around explaining why she needs the various items (aka crap) that have made their way into my garbage bag. Inevitably, some type of negotiation ensues and some items are removed from the garbage bag. My favorite from this morning was Megan explaining why she needed a headless Polly Pocket doll.

Jack's role is usually to pick up a few items and then sit in a chair for 20 minutes explaining to me why he is cleaning just as much as Megan, or why he doesn't need to clean as much as Megan or some variation there of while I end up screaming something along the lines of, "I don't want to hear about how much you are cleaning, I want to see you cleaning!"

While cleaning this morning, Megan came across some glasses she decorated. One of them was very cute. It had some decoration and she wrote "I love Mom" and "You are the best" on it. "Oh, Megan" I said. "That is so great! I love it thank you very much." Her response wasn't quite what I had expected. "Yeah, well you still aren't going to win Mother of the Year."

1 comment:

Robin Lee Sardini said...

They are AMAZING little darlings... children...aren't they? I have a 23 year old and an almost 10 year old.
I just love it when they blurt out their thoughts and, yes, they STILL do ;-)