Monday, May 26, 2008

Reciprocal favors

There are pros and cons to being Jack's (current) favorite. Mostly there are pros like extra hugs, kisses, I love you's etc. This morning though, Jack said, "Uh, Daddy, Daddy, I mean Momma..." (Obviously he changed his mind at the last minute because he knows I'm the push over and thought better of asking his dad for what was coming next). The next statement out of his mouth was, "Momma, I'm gonna go to the bathroom and when I call you, can you come into the bathroom and wipe my bottom?" "Uh sure," was my response. A few short moment later, Jack came waddling out of the bathroom with his underpants around his ankles and said in his sweet sing-songy voice, "Okay Momma! I'm ready for you to wipe my bottom!"

So I went into the bathroom and obliged. When I was done I said, "Okay Jack, you are all set. You can leave now because I'm going to use the potty." He didn't move and just stood there and said, "Well Momma, when you are done, I can wipe your bottom for you. Would you like that?"

Uh, thanks for the offer but I think I'll pass!

1 comment:

Borski and Nai said...

lol..that was such a sweet offer. :) enjoyed reading your posts..

dropped you a card too..

see ya around! :)