Saturday, May 24, 2008

Toilet Paper Controversy

I got back from a business trip late last night. I know in the whole scheme of things this is a very minor annoyance but 2 of the 3 bathrooms in my house had no toilet paper on the roll. It is a very minor pet peeve, but a pet peeve none the less. I could see from my family's point of view that it could be difficult if there was no replacement toilet paper in the bathroom to replace the roll. However, there are other rolls within reach. It's just a matter of removing the old roll and replacing the new. As Megan would say-easy peasy!

Although, I guess I should view this as a blessing in disguise. Megan could have changed the rolls. Jay and I are on the same page as far as toilet paper rolls go. We are what I would consider to be "over" people. I like my toilet paper roll with the paper coming over the top. This works for me; I understand it; I can adequately gauge how many squares I need under any given circumstance.


Megan is an anomaly. I don't know how or why she came to be this way but she is an "under" person.

She prefers the roll going under which to be honest, when I found out this was her preference, I looked at her and said, "Who are you?" I can't wrap my head around her preference. I mean, I could understand it if Jay was an "under" and I was an "over" that she might inherently have a preference one way or another. You know, like dominant and recessive genes in her DNA that cause toilet paper roll preference.

I'm sure as time goes by we will have more of these issues to address. But looking at the bigger picture- if my main issues with my family are how they like their toilet paper, I think we are in pretty good shape!

No comments: