Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What the....

This afternoon I was sitting working on my laptop as the neighborhood kids ran around outside. The kids were playing some sort of game. I'm not sure what the game was but I know they were playing a game because I kept hearing random kids yelling things like, "That's not how you play" or "It's my turn" or "You're it" etc.

I heard some footsteps clamoring up the stairs of my deck and looked up to see one kid running by... then another...then another...then another kid with something that looks like this in her hand...



And then moments later, Megan running by with another similar looking stake in her hand. I thought to myself, "What the..." and then I said it- one of those phrases that before you have kids you promise yourself you will NEVER say. Phrases like, "Stop running with scissors" and "Because I said so" and "Do you do everything your friends do? If they jumped on a bridge would you?"

I tossed my laptop to the side, got up and went over to my sliding glass door yelling, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Get over here. You are going to poke somebody's eye out with those things!"

Megan looked at me disheartened, sighed and said, "Aw Mom! Now we can't be the Reaper!"

2 comments:

H.E.Eigler said...

The Reaper? Woah. Kids are so serious these days lol :)

Colleen said...

Darned kids! Stay off my lawn!!! ;o)