Sunday, June 1, 2008

Big=Fat

Sometimes the kids drop things when we are in the car and since they have their seatbelts on, they are unable to reach said things. That is when the pleas begin. "Momma, I dropped my toy... Mommy, can you reach my book" etc. So yesterday, Megan dropped her toy while we were driving. Jack proceeded to mutter under his breath, "I didn't drop my toy. I'm not gonna drop my toy." I was waiting for Megan to start in that Jack was bragging or teasing or something of the like but she actually held her own and didn't say anything. And then a few moments later, Jack dropped his toy. I couldn't resist. I turned and said, "Uh Jack, I thought you said you weren't going to drop your toy?" And Megan chimed in too, "Yeah, Jack that's what happens when you tease about dropping toys." But it was all in good fun and no one seemed to get too upset about it.

But as I suspected, Megan asked me to grab her toy for her. It was in a spot that I just couldn't grab.

Me: "Sorry Meg. I can't get to it. My arm is too big and is getting caught between the seat and the door so I can't reach it."
Jack: "I could probably reach it. My arms are small. I have smaller arms than you. My arms are the smallest arms in our family. Daddy has the biggest arms in our family. I'm the smallest one in our family and Daddy is the biggest one in our family."
Megan: "Jack, when you say Daddy is the biggest one in our family. It's kinda like you are calling him fat and that's not very nice."
Jack: "I didn't mean that. I meant Daddy is gigantic."
Megan: "Jack, that means fat too."

1 comment:

Kori said...

OMG, I am laughing so hard at this that I have tears in my eyes, litereally. I needed this! And thanks for stopping by my blog!