Sunday, June 8, 2008

A room full of...well, just about everything

Megan is a huge pack rat. She never wants to throw anything away. It's at a point where I get anxiety and hives just walking into her bedroom and every other Thursday, I breathe a sigh of relief that our cleaning lady has agreed to come back and clean Megan's room once more. She sees a reason to keep just about everything. I made the mistake of opening the drawer next to her bed and it was stuffed with things that any other normal person might consider garbage. To be honest, I doubt anyone would believe me so I opened the drawer and took a picture of its contents.


It may be the artist in Megan but when I showed her the picture, instead of recoiling in horror she commented, "See, it's like a collage!" It may be hard to see but a few items to note are as follows:
1) Bottom center- used Kleenex
2) Bottom left- fish food (for a fish that died probably 6 months ago)
3) Upper right- brown silly putty that has captured tags from clothing and a black string
4) Bottom right- one playing card (yup, that's right... ONE playing card)

And, that is just the top layer but if you can extrapolate that the rest of her room, you'll get the idea of what I'm talking about.

One moment while I scratch my hives...

...Okay, I'm back.

At any rate, today Megan was open to cleaning her closet so we moved all the clothes from their various stuffed piles and hung them up. It was at this point that I noticed the shirts. A lot of shirts. I mean A LOT of shirts. Probably 30 of them. Of course I commented on this. "Geez Megan. If I would have realized how many shirts you had, I wouldn't have bought those other shirts for you today. What are you going to do with all these shirts?" Megan stopped what she was doing and turned and looked at me. Then she said, "Well, I'm gonna wear them. Isn't that obvious?"

2 comments:

carolyn said...

Yes, it's the artist in her. Isn't it "obvious?!"

Ms Picket To You said...

she and my oldest daughter would make excellent college roommates. between the two of them, they probably have enough cards stashed in places to actually play a game.