Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mommy the Paparazzo

I think I now get a sense of why celebrities are annoyed by the paparazzi. At Megan's birthday party, I think I may have gone a bit overboard in trying to capture the moment. Things started out great. I wandered around the party with my camera in one hand and video camera in the other alternating between capturing the moments of the party in live action and still.

The party was at Libby Lu and all the girls were getting their hair, makeup and nails done. Megan opted to get the Hannah Montana wig and looked adorable. I was able to capture the moment in video and I'm so glad I did. You can see the look of excitement on her face when she sees herself with the wig in the mirror.

But I think I pushed it a bit. Midway through the party she was checking out the accessory wall and when she noticed I was filming...again...She gave me the "stop it!" By the time I filmed her getting her nails done, she was trying as hard as she could to ignore me. I trudged forward in capturing the moment even if she found it annoying. I involuntarily found myself calling out to her like the paparazzi call out to Britney Spears when she exits her car. "Megan! Megan! Meg- look this way. You look beautiful Megan. What color are your nails Megan?"
video

4 comments:

Dette said...

LMAO!! Omigod - the LOOK!

carolyn said...

I love the way she's watching the woman paint her fingernails. She's thinking, if I don't look up, if I make no eye contact she'll go away.

Manager Mom said...

Hee.. to continue with the Miley Cyrus analogy, at least you didn't pose her naked in a bedsheet and publish it in the family Christmas newsletter...

www.startswithanx.com said...

Ha, ha. Love the way her whole demeanor starts to slowly but surely change. She's like, oh, her again! How much do you think UsWeekly will give you for those pics? :)