Friday, June 13, 2008

One of these things is not like the other...

Jay and I are spending the weekend in Austin. Megan and Jack are having their own mini-vacation at Grandma and Bampas. Once we booked our trip to Austin, we realized that this weekend is the Republic of Texas bike rally. And when I say bike, I don't mean ten speeds. I mean huge, loud choppers. And the bikers started coming in droves to Austin yesterday. We were standing in front of our hotel attempting to have a conversation and kept getting interrupted by the sounds of the choppers. I've never seen anything like it. I think I saw one girl picking bugs out of her teeth as she hopped off her bike in front of the hotel. (okay, that part is a joke but it would have been hilarious to see!

Needless to say, Jay and I stick out like sore thumbs this weekend. It's kinda like this...













Anyway, you get the idea.

4 comments:

Ms Picket To You said...

I love Austin! Bikers can be awesome, especially in Texas.

Go to Magnolia Cafe. Eat Love Migas.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Erica said...

Those photos are absolutely hysterical - especially with the one of you guys in the middle. I'd stick out as badly as you there, too!

Anonymous said...

I'll pick the "two sore thumbs!" M

Dette said...

ROFL - dangit - that's a GREAT post! Had me crackin' up!

P.S. Thanx SO much for your support on my post about the twins - and SO glad to be out of limbo!!!