Friday, June 27, 2008

Slight of hand

I've always been a huge fan of having my back tickled. I remember in grade school a bunch of girls in my class would always sit in a line while we sat on the rug during story time tickling each other's backs. No one ever wanted to be at the end of the line because that meant you were tickling someones back but no one was tickling yours. The front of the back tickle line was where you wanted to be. You would get all the benefits of the back tickle and never had to do any of the work.

I've been trying for months now to get Megan interested in tickling my back (think of it as my version of child labor, a mini sweat shop if you will) but she doesn't seem to have any inclination to do it. I can't really blame her.

Jack on the other hand is on a tickling kick. He's willing to tickle everyone. But he is lacking in his technique. It usually consists of him coming up and jamming his fingers into your armpit which is really less than enjoyable. But I decided to give him some tips. I explained that the jamming of the fingers in the armpit doesn't work for most people and what is better is tickling on the back. I must say, he's getting quite good at it.

Yesterday, Jack offered to tickle my back so I took him up on it. He was doing great but after a moment, his hand slowly crept from my back around to my front and his little hand grabbed by boob. "Whoa! Jack, don't do that." I said.

"Why not? I want to."

"Because that's really not appropriate."

Jack thought for a second and said, "Is your boobs only your property?"

"Yes. Yes they are my property."

3 comments:

Ms Picket To You said...

And yes they are.

Also, teach Megan that whole X marks the Spot thing. Or she spells words and you try to guess them. Guess them wrong everytime for a longer tickle.

Just sayin'.

Erica said...

That's really cute and quite funny. My son is actually afraid of mine - he is really freaked out by the fact that Mommy looks different than he and Daddy.

Dette said...

LOL - omg - that is too funny!