Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Waiting with Jack

I took Jack to the doctor yesterday to have his rash checked out. The good news is that it doesn't seem to be Scarlet Fever... Uh... Huh??? I didn't even know that was a potential option and to be honest, I didn't realize people in this new millennium even got Scarlet Fever anymore. It appears it is some sort of rash and after a brief look, and a significantly long conversation about which Transformers Jack likes best with the doctor, he told us to go home, take some Benadryl and call us if things get worse. (I suppose that is the modern day "Take two Aspirin and call me in the morning" although they had to change it to Benadryl since now we know that if there was a remote chance that Jack would have Scarlet Fever, the last thing you'd actually WANT to give your child is Aspirin but I suppose that is neither here nor there and I digress.)

I think I've mentioned this before but one of my favorite ways to pass the time is when I've got my kids in a situation where they have no choice other than to talk to me- like driving in a car or sitting in a waiting room. I try to soak it up like a sponge because I know there will come a time where the last thing they want to do is talk to me. Plus, they say the most interesting things around this age. It fascinates me how their minds work.

So in addition to Jack's lengthy monologue to the nurse and the doctor about the various episodes and characters of Transformers that he likes best, here were a couple more of his profound thoughts.

"Momma, If I fell off a cliff, you'd miss me forever right? There are LOTS of cliffs in our world."

And my personal favorite... while he's stuffing his arms into his shirt...

"Momma, If you have no arms, you have no armpits, right? Because when you move your arms, that makes your armpits move. So if you don't have arms, you don't need any armpits."

2 comments:

carolyn said...

Deep thoughts by Jack.

Ms Picket To You said...

i never much gave my armpits thought so I am relieved that he is doing to thinking for me. On the other hand cliffs scare the crap out of me. I think he might be a genius and on to something here.