Wednesday, July 2, 2008

American Girl Mania

Who is the best mom in the whole world? Uh, that could quite possibly be me. Well, at least in my daughter's eyes, for about the next 3-4 hours I will hold that title.

Tonight I took Megan to see the new American Girl movie, Kit Kittredge. But wait! Not only did I take her to see the movie, I also took one of her friends along. AND, it was at one of those really cool theaters where you can order an actual meal which the girls thought was super awesome. AND, one of the movie's stars, Madison Davenport, was there signing autographs.

The girls were really excited to see the movie and it was actually really good, as far as wholesome movies for kids go.

The only somewhat awkward moment was during the previews of the movie. One of the movie previews, uh how shall I say it, didn't quite fit the demographic of the movie audience. Or at least 2/3 of the audience. After seeing the preview, I am actually looking forward to the movie coming out called The Women but I'm not sure the trailer hit home with the 5-10 year olds in the audience. I mean, I find movies about 4 middle aged women trying to figure out how to tell their friend that her husband is having an affair with a super sexy hot woman that works at the cosmetics counter right up my alley. 5-10 year olds? Hmmm not so much.

No comments: