Thursday, July 10, 2008

Females in the family unite!


As we were walking downtown last night for some dessert, I leaned down to Megan and said, "Hey, maybe after we get our ice cream we can stop at the Gap on the way to the car."

"What for?" she asked.

"Well, I was thinking about getting some shorts."

Megan's eyes lit up, "Can I get some, too?"

"Maybe, we'll see what happens after we get done with our dessert."

So after our ice cream stop, I kind of let the idea go of stopping at the Gap. The impulse to buy started to subside. After we walked past, Megan turned to me and said, "Hey Mom, I thought you wanted to stop at the Gap?"

Jay turned and looked back at us. "What for?" he asked.

"Oh, I was telling Megan that I was thinking about getting some shorts."

"Aw, you don't need any more shorts." Jay said, half joking.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked a few more steps before Megan looked at me and said, "Hey Mom, he's not the boss of you!"

1 comment:

Skye said...

You're raising that girl right! :)