Thursday, July 10, 2008

It will be our little secret

I've always wondered what goes on in Megan and Jack's rooms after I put them to bed at night. Sometimes in the morning when I go in to get them up, it's like I'm putting the pieces of a puzzle together to figure out what activities took place in their room between 8:00 PM and 7:00 AM. Toys are typically moved, books are out and with Megan, sometimes she's in a different outfit than she was wearing when I put her to bed.

But I've decided that is fine with me as long as two conditions are met:
1) They don't come out until the sun is up. (Exception- If they need to go potty then they need to go straight back to their room when they finish).
2) They don't wake up cranky.

Jack gave me a glimpse into what happens when the lights go out and the door is closed. It's now our little secret.

4 comments:

suburbanjungle said...

The secrets are the best... I see you kept this one to yourself. Really enjoy your blog. Check out The article about my son discovering his "Balls" on http://www.suburbanjungle.wordpress.com
You'll enjoy it! I will keep reading.

Jenny

Carolyn...Online said...

Don't tell anyone. Except the entire internet.

Becca said...

with Megan, sometimes she's in a different outfit than she was wearing when I put her to bed.

seriously? that's funny!

Ms Picket To You said...

last night i finally found where all the videos from my camera are stored on the hard-drive on my computer. (i know, i know: lame.) i found about 8 made by the kids at about 7 am when apparently I was still sleeping. surrounded by cereal boxes (on the couch) and with tee-shirts on and bedhead, they performed all kind of mindless interviews, mostly with the camera covered by a thumb or aimed at the floor.
this gives me a really good idea of what they do at night, when in the morning I find all three of them in the same bed.
keep it on the downlow, will you?