Thursday, July 31, 2008

She's just not that into you

Jack has no filter when it comes to his emotions. It is one of the things I love most about him. I like to say he is the emotional glue that holds our family together. I don't know where he gets it from. I'm not that way. Jay isn't that way. And Megan certainly isn't that way. Tonight in the car Jack reached over from his car seat and touched Megan's arm gently.

Jack: Megan, I love you.
Megan: ...silence...
Jack: Megan?
Megan: What?
Jack: Megan, I love you.
Megan: ...silence...
Me: Megan, Jack just told you he loved you. Don't you have anything to say to him?
Megan: Um...Hi?
Jack (clearly frustrated and somewhat mocking their conversation): I love you...Hi?!?!?

2 comments:

Ms Picket To You said...

Again: HI-larious.

Erica said...

Oh, I can relate to this! I have a brother 3 years my junior and I just hated it whenever he was bugging me. He was definitely a lot sweeter to me than I was to him!

Lol! Megan's response cracked me up!