Monday, August 25, 2008

It's an oldie but a goodie.

I can't believe I didn't post this sooner. I actually forgot about it until I was looking through some of my videos yesterday. This was the prelude to one of my favorite videos of the kids- when Jack tried to define what jealous meant.

I caught Megan and Jack on tape having a discussion about sharing a hackey sack. Moments before I started taping this, they were arguing about who would get the hackey sack. I finally told them if they couldn't share it, then no one was going to have it. You can sense Jack is a little on edge and the beginning of the video may need some translation if you aren't that familiar with Jack's I'm-about-to-go-ape-shit-on-you-in-a-second voice. My favorite part of this video is the third time Jack says "Megan". It's as if he's resigned himself to the fact that his sister is a total pain in the rear.

Megan:If we don't agree, then we're never going to see it again.
Jack: Megaaan...Megan?...Me-gan...You made my choices; I don't want what you're doing.
Me (needing some translation as well): Whaaat???
Jack: I don't like what you're doing. You're messing with me.
...And the rest of it is pretty self explanatory- Megan doesn't need a translation...

4 comments:

Meredith said...

OMG that is hilarious! I sooooo know that 'I'm about to go apeshit' voice

www.startswithanx.com said...

I had that exact same conversation just the other day. I was on his end of it.

Lori said...

After watching 30 times because I love seeing your kids and I miss them daily, I must say, he has a point. Not to mention, hiLARious.

Carolyn...Online said...

Me-gan! Big sisters can be so manipulative. Using all those big words against Jack. Like "share."