Tuesday, August 19, 2008

There she goes again...

Well it's time. Summer has ended and another school year is upon us. Megan started second grade today. She woke up very early and was ready at least an hour before the bus was scheduled to arrive. Obviously, this day requires pictures. My baby is in second grade, after all! But in typical Megan form, she was going to make it difficult for me to capture the moment.

First I tried taking a picture before we left our house to head to the bus stop...

You can see she's saying something to me. I think her exact words were something along the lines of, "Uh no way. No pictures!"

So then I figured once her friends arrived at the bus stop that she might pose for a picture or two.

Oh, what's that you say??? That girl doesn't look like Megan? Right... Megan decided it would be more fun to hide behind her friend.

So then I determined I'd need to go for the candid shot. The bus took forever to get there so Megan finally took a seat on the box holding her school supplies.

I know what you're thinking... Compelling shot. Yeah, well I try.

But then I lucked out, she actually posed for a picture.

You may notice that she's not even looking at my camera. My neighbor got a great shot of her though. Sigh...you can see Jack peeking his head out smiling even though he's not even going to school!

As a last ditch effort, I attempted to go for the action shot. I called out to her to turn around and give me a wave.

Well, that worked out well.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I hope she gets on the correct bus tonight!

Ms Picket To You said...

That is so great! And perfect. Too cool for school.

MammaDawg said...

LOL - the last one had me rolling. :D

I have quite the opposite problem - mine are always wanting to get IN the pictures, with big, cheesy smiles, sneaking in bunny ears to any unsuspecting fool - uh, souls.

:)