Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Ugly Dolls

Megan collects dolls. When we/I go on trips, I usually try to find a doll to bring back so she can add it to her collection. Last night in Megan's room, Jack was looking at the shelf where she keeps the collection.

Jack: Megan, your doll collection is ugly.
Me: Jackson! That is a mean thing to say. How would you like it if Megan said something like that about your stuff, like your Bakugans?
Jack (shrugging his shoulders): I dunno.
Megan: What did Jack say? I didn't hear him.
Me: Nothing. I'm not going to repeat it because it might hurt your feel...
Jack (interrupting me): Your dolls are ugly! I said your dolls are ugly.

We definitely need to work on that boy's verbal filter!

5 comments:

Lilsass said...

hahaha I mean, he's nothing if not honest. May be a little rough around the edges but at least the kid's no liar. Ha!

Carolyn...Online said...

I thought boys were born WITH a penis and WITHOUT a verbal filter. Isn't that how it goes?

Lisa said...

you do know Bakugans ARE ugly don't you?

Even I have trouble with the filter sometimes!

www.startswithanx.com said...

Next he will embroider her pillow with the message just to make sure he's clear.

MammaDawg said...

lol - classic! How did Megan react?