Monday, September 22, 2008

A Caddyshack moment of sorts

Yesterday's bath started like most others. I filled the bath, threw in a few of Jack's toys, got Jack undressed and plunked him in the tub. I turned away for a moment or two, listening to Jack play in the tub.

"Uh, Mommy?" Jack called to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I called back.

"What is this thing?"

I walked closer to the tub to see what Jack was talking about. He pointed at a brownish item floating in the tub. It wasn't much bigger than a kidney bean.

"What is that?" I inspected it a bit closer. "Is that...poop???"

"I didn't do it. It's not my poop." Jack said a bit too quickly.

"Well then, where did it come from?"

Jack looked up at me innocently and said, "I don't know. Isn't that weird? Poop that came from nowhere???"

I scooped the poop out of the tub and it wasn't moments later when Jack announced that he needed to go potty. Upon closer inspection of the resulting content, it's pretty safe to say there wasn't any question where the "floater" came from.

3 comments:

mammadawg.com said...

LOL - "Isn't that weird? Poop coming from nowhere???"

Jack absolutely never fails to crack me up!

Carolyn...Online said...

Why are moms always having to fish the poop out of the tub?

Lori said...

Jack is a dude for sure. He talks about his poop. Last time I saw him we talked about Halloween. He insisted on wearing his Spidey costume in the cold with only his grundies. And then he had to poop. And I was with and I was like... uhhh... I guess we go HOME?? And he and I did. And I shared a very intimate moment with his butt. And he said through tears, " thanks aunt Lori, I love you, "... and I understood.