Thursday, September 11, 2008

He's either delirious from sickness or just plain sweet


I came home early from my trip because Jack is sick. He has 103.5 fever and is throwing up. This morning he came down the stairs, all glassy eyed and pink cheeked. He sat down on the steps and with his lower lip trembling informed me, "I don't feel so good." I scooted up the stairs to give him a hug and as we sat there on the stairs hugging, he looked at the bone in his ankle and asked, "What is this bone?"

"It's your ankle bone." I replied.

Jack thought for a moment and asked, "Momma, does God make all the bones in our bodies?"

"Yes he does."

"And your skins, and your brains and your guts too?"

"Yes. Those too."

He sat up and looked me in the eye and said, "I think God makes our hearts so we can all love each other."

"Yes buddy. I think you are right on that one."

...and then I hugged him tighter.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

If that isn't the SWEETEST thing a little boy could say I don't know what is.

Times like that you remember why you started with the kid thing in the first place.

Jack, you rock.

Lori said...

So, when you no longer needed our child care services, we weren't going to come. Then I told Billy about Mr. Sweetness and we changed our mind. He's THAT sweet. We are still coming over tomorrow after work. If that's cool.