Sunday, September 7, 2008

Officially a soccer mom

This weekend was Megan's first soccer game. I was a bit nervous as to how it would all go down because most of the other girls on the team have been playing for at least another year. That, and Megan only had two practices before her first game so I wasn't sure enough preparation had taken place. But she did pretty good if I do say so myself. She had a few good kicks and she ran in the same blob of girls as the rest of the pack so she didn't stick out. She had fun though, so that's the most important thing.
A few other highlights to note in the video below.
1) You'll notice Megan right away. She's the one picking the underwear out of her butt.
2) Jack was there and rooting her on. You can hear him screaming at the top of his lungs, "MEGAN!!! HI MEGAN!!!!"
3) Speaking of Jack, in the middle of the video, you'll see Jack's uh, "nature" stop pretty much in plain view of the 50 or so people on the soccer field. I didn't capture this part on tape but at one point, he apparently had his pants down to his ankles and his little white butt was hanging out.
4) If you are paying attention to the conversations in the background, that is my husband referring to "banana hammocks" and commenting on the guy mowing the grass in the middle of the game with, "You need to mow right now, dude? Seriously? Seriously???"

4 comments:

Ms Picket To You said...

(wait a minute? is that me over there in the glasses? i had to replay to make sure it was not in fact me.)

our first game is next weekend. the GFYO will be lurking in the woods like Jack. i will be wearing glasses on the sidelines, coaching, and the Kid will be chatting with the other dads about who knows what but probably banana hammocks will come up.

GO MEGAN!

Carolyn...Online said...

I love girlclumpsoccer! P's first game of the season is next Saturday. I can't post video... she um, takes people out.

Lori said...

Go Megan!!! There may be a little athlete in that thespian yet!

MammaDawg said...

lol - I love that look on Jack's face. "All finished!"

At least took care of his nature issue discreetly, huh?

And GO Megan! :)