Sunday, September 7, 2008

A philosophical discussion on the solar system

According to Jack, "The sun is the most hottest thing in the world and the most powerful heat source." Megan tried to prove him wrong on a technicality that the sun isn't actually on Earth but oh SNAP! that little guy was too quick for Megan this time and he rallied with the accurate fact that he can see the sun from the earth.

To that fact, Megan countered with a profound response she likely learned from me- "Uh, well, uh" followed by uncomfortable silence. But then defense mechanisms kicked in and Megan attempted the belittlement tactic by telling him, "You'll learn that when you go to kindergarten."

Then, realizing that probably wasn't enough, she started calling up random facts about Pluto being a dwarf planet and how cold it would be there. And my personal favorite- without wearing your helmet...on Pluto...you probably couldn't breathe.

5 comments:

www.startswithanx.com said...

Should I be concerned that I'm not too far from Jake's level on this subject?

Lori said...

When she grows up she will have her own talk show, "The World According to Megan" and I will watch it religiously.

Carolyn...Online said...

Someone get NASA on the horn. They need helmets for Pluto the dwarf planet.

Aimeepalooza said...

That's super cute...and I love your daughter's hair!

Ms Picket To You said...

i have officially decided that the chit chat in my house is completely stoopid. and tomorrow i am buying flash cards and teaching videos.

YOUR KIDS are wikkid smaht. And I love it.