Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm guessing this song might be called, "Your eyes are locked. You can't see me." (sub title- "Don't touch me.")

I know I've been posting a lot of video here for the last week or so but I can't help myself. Megan and Jack have been allowing me to capture on camera what I struggle to explain using words alone.

Megan's personality is an interesting mix. She is shy-sometimes almost painfully so. But when you are around her enough, there is a part of her that is an extrovert. It's like the walls eventually start to crumble. She's like me in that way. Shove me in a networking event, or a party where I don't know anyone, and I want to crawl out of my skin. But if I'm with a group of people I know and adore, I could stay out all night having the best time.

Jay used to be like this, too. He's much more social now and can take the awkward social situations in stride. He's almost grown out of his shyness. I remember when we first started dating. Depending on which of my friends I was talking to, they had totally different perceptions of Jay. My close friends who interacted with him a lot would always comment that he was one of the funniest people they ever met. Ask any of my friends at the outer edge of my inner circle if they thought Jay was hilarious, and they would look at me blankly and say something like, "Jay? He never says anything."

Anyway, I guess I love this video clip because it captures what Megan is like on the inside, with her inner circle. I just hope that as she gets older, more people get to see this side of her. Lately, her new "thing" is to make up songs. She's writing lyrics and even adds the melody to them. This is one example of her latest, uh..."creation". As a side note, she's been listening to our local hip hop station... A LOT. I can see some of that influence here in the video.

She starts off on a mysterious tone, with her eyes covered. She has a little bit of a mini Gwen Stefani feel, I think. I love how she keeps singing but including directions to me as part of the song, "Zoom, zoom, zoom out." I also love how she incorporates the wording on her shirt into her lyrics.

I'm not quite sure why she switches up mid-song and turns into a British talk show host but heck, when she requested that I zoom in "one touch", I obliged.



12 comments:

Becca said...

HAHAHAHAQ kids are hilarious

Badass Geek said...

Do your kids know you post these videos online?

Jen W said...

@becca It's great, it is like a really good, really long movie. Fun to watch.

@badass They do know I "put them on the computer" but that's about the extent of it. A lot of times when they say something or I tape something, they ask if I'm going to put it on the computer.

For Myself said...

Don't touch the merchandise. Talk to the hand. Zoom out, Mama. Back up. Five, four, three, two, one, OUT!

She is a certain superstar!

Manager Mom said...

Just don't go all Britney and Lynne Spears on us. :)

I also just wanted to thank you for all of your coments and things over the past few months. I'm shutting down my blog and just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed getting to 'know' you through mine and yours...

All the best,

Jennifer

Mike said...

Dude! I can't wait to tape Maddie doing this stuff so that, when she wants to go on a date with some thug I can be like, you can go out with Egor, or Daddy will show him the video of you dancing. Choose!

Seriously, though, your gal is too cute!

Lori said...

I can't wait for T-giving to see if she will actually do a dance show with Billy. I was just laughing so hard. She's SOOO creative.

Carolyn...Online said...

Oh my god. I can't even... That might be the best one yet. I love the way she checked her hand to make sure whe was doing the "rock out" thing correctly. And the sassy hip hop at the end. Awesome.

x said...

The last two seconds are the best!

Ms Picket To You said...

i've said it before i'll say it again: she is just completely awesome. i want to be her when i grow up.

that was all kinds of awesome.

Twenty-Something said...

hahahahaha keep em coming. these kids are awesome!

LilSasss said...

Days like this I am deeply grateful I did not grow up in the era of the video camera. Dear God your children have no idea that complete strangers are laughing at them and with them.

Oh good times ...