Monday, October 13, 2008

OMG little brothers can be annoying

Megan in a somewhat rare moment of acting totally girly.

A few comments about the video:
1) I'm not sure why she keeps licking her fingers while pretending to dial. I know, I know- it's kinda gross.
2) There is something inherently wrong, I think, about a 7 year-old child doing a skit in which she says things like, "Did you hear the news? It's.the.MAN. He's outside." But I don't know. I'm just gonna go with it.
3) The amount of times that Megan says OMG in the video... five. (Note: I don't think she even knows what "OMG" stands for.)
4) Yes, I do realize that her high pitched pseudo scream just might break a few glasses. She gets that from my side of the family. (Or so the story goes that when I was young, I would scream and people thought it might shatter glass, or that it was a whistle.)
5) There is one point in the video where I'm not sure if Megan was pretending she was buzzing like a bee, or if she was trying to act as though the person on the other end hung up on her.
6) I love how Jack is so stealth about ruining Megan's phone skit.

9 comments:

LilSass said...

OMG! I finally figured it out!!! Megan = Drew Barrymore from Firestarter circa '84. RIGHT???

X said...

Lilsass, I love Drew!!!

OK, what's up with the licking the fingers before she dials the phone? You know she got that from a movie and I'm dying to know which one.
Also, I totally do the high pitched pseudo scream thing, too!!! I guess that means I could fit right in at your family reunion? :)

Carolyn...Online said...

WHERE did she learn to speak like that? Mom?

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Ha! Love it!

Meredith said...

just make sure she NEVER does the finger lick with a public pay phone....can you just imagine?

Twenty-Something said...

Someone call an agent this girl is an ACTRESS! Adorable.

Lori said...

I am dying to find out what this "news" is... And since when did Jack become so fascinated with the flashlight already? Your kids are growing up to be an actress and a coal miner?

Ms Picket To You said...

jen w: this is ms picket. can megan come over for a playdate with B & R? what's that? yes, i will make sure the GFYO keeps it under control. no, really. OMG! i promise. K. Great. (lick lick). bye bye. click. dial tone.

Jen W said...

@lilsass I never saw her in that light before but you're right!

@ X We're always up for more shriekers!

@Carolyn...online I can't take credit for it. It's a direct reflection of way too much Disney channel.

@Jenny Thanks I thought it was funny as well but not nearly as funny as you were at Blogher this year. You are a total crack up!

@Meredith Ugh. That would be dis.gust.ing!

@twenty-something Ha! She'd freeze up if she had more than just me watching her while we were filming!

@Lori she'd probably tell you "the news" before she would tell me!

@Ms P- Now THAT was hilarious! I totally busted out laughing at your comment.