Thursday, November 6, 2008

Random kid thoughts

Me: Jack, do you know who our new President is?
Jack: Who?
Me: It's a man named Barack Obama
Jack: Bark Obamba????
Me: No, Barack Obama.
Jack: Oh. I know how it works to pick the President. Everyone like votes and if they vote no, then they shooted them.
Me: Uh, no. That's not how it works at all.
Jack: Well that was the old way how they did it.
Me: Uh, no.

*********************************************
Megan: A bunch of kids on the playground play Kickball.
Me: Really?
Megan: Yeah. Kickball should be a national sport you know, not just a game.
Me: Huh. You think so?

*********************************************
Megan: My eyes water a lot.
Me: Really?
Megan: Uh huh. I mean, they water A LOT!
Jack: Well Megan, that's because God maked you like that.

**********************************************

8 comments:

Badass Geek said...

Thats an interesting take on voting... I'm sure some adults still hold that view.

Becca said...

I love those convos, i "learn" something every time

Twenty-Something said...

Gotta love a kids perspective!

LilSass said...

You tell that Megan of yours that Kickball IS a National Sport here in DC. (And by 'national' I mean city-wide). Thousands and thousands of people are crazy for kickball in DC.

You tell her when she grows up and gets big and wants to drink lots and lots of beer she can come live with Auntie LilSass and play all the kickball she wants.

Mike said...

I love kids!

Aimeepalooza said...

That first one cracked me up...I was literally laughing out loud in front of my computer screen.
"Um no."

mammadawg.com said...

LOL - those little conversations are the best parts of the day, aren't they? :)

Petula said...

LOL... it's funny they way they think and the things they say, isn't it?