Friday, January 16, 2009

I learned it from watching you

A snow day, or school cancellation for sub-zero temperatures, in our house equals a day a day of slothery. I'm not even sure if slothery is a word, or slothiness for that matter, but suffice to say it means we are super lazy.

Yesterday, Megan came downstairs fully dressed for school and upon hearing there was no school, she immediately sighed and asked, "Oh man... Can you get me some jammy pants to put on?" Of course, I obliged and the slothiness began.

Today, Jack spent most of the day in his underpants and pajama top until he decided mid-afternoon to change into his bathing suit.

Yes, it is -14 degrees and my son is wearing a bathing suit! Prior to the bathing suit change, Jack sat at the kitchen counter eating his lunch in his pajama top and underpants. I was in the other room working on my laptop and overheard Jay say to Jack, "Hey what are you doing over there? You need some help with something?"

I turned around to find Jack standing on his chair, with his hand down the back of his underpants. "No, I'm just scratching my butt." Jack replied with his hand still firmly wedged into his underpants.

"I like to do it. It feels good." he continued, "Mommy said she does it, too."

HOLD.THE.PHONE! Whaaa? What is he talking about? I thought to myself and looked at Jay with my best I-have-no-idea-what-he-is-talking-about look.

"What do you mean I do it, too?" I asked Jack.

Jack finally took his hand out of his pants, walked toward me and said, "Well, you told me once. You did. You told me you do it too." ***

My sweet, sweet boy is turning on me!

***Now, let me just say that I DO NOT recall a conversation with my son where we discussed butt scratching, or how relaxing butt scratching can be from time to time.

10 comments:

For Myself said...

Butt scratching, pj wearing, slothing? It's all so gooooood for the soul!

MilesPerHour said...

Butt scratching is a sign of a good thinker. (Ok I made that up)

Dana's Brain said...

Maggie and I had a slothy day today too. We were just off (Jake still had school), but we are still recovering from the all-nighter!

I think it's a boy thing, really. Jake totally puts on something completely random on a regular basis - and he is a big butt scratcher! We should get those two together.

The Floydster said...

Its a good thing kids are so darn cute or there'd be hell to pay when they rat you out!

Badass Geek said...

It does feel good sometimes, though.

Julie B. said...

Oh jeez, how old is Jack again. Unless we have to go somewhere Katie is in her pajama shirt and underwear every weekend. She may or may not start out with pants, but they get kicked off for the first potty visit and never manage to get back on...and and we're also having a problem with the hand being frequently down the pants.

Vodka Mom said...

That SO cracked me up!!! I remember when Matthew was little he used to wear his sister's bathing suits!! (He was four) and they would FLIP OUT!!

The would chase him around the house and he would LAUGH AND LAUGH and they were screaming....

ah, those were the days.........

Vodka Mom said...

I have NEVER scratched my ass. p.s.

Maria M (Conversations with Moms) said...

I loooooove those slothy days. It gives my family and I a chance just to be us and enjoy.

Ms Picket To You said...

i struggled to put on "real" pants today. just saying.