Monday, January 5, 2009

I think I might need to call and complain about the meal plan at daycare.


Tonight when I was finally able to rouse myself from my bed (I've been ringing in the New Year with a major bout of the flu), I attempted to make small talk with Jack and ask him about his day.

Me: So Jack, what did you have for lunch at school today?
Jack: Uh, well, we had brain soup, eyeball noodles, and whale guts.
Me: Really? That sounds pretty tasty.

***And that is about all I can muster for now.

9 comments:

For Myself said...

So sorry you're sick - blech! A speedy recovery to you!

I hear eyeballs have some pretty good antibodies in them though. Next time tell Jack to bring you a doggy bag!

The Floydster said...

I hope you feel better very soon!

DCD said...

I won't mention that lunch to my 5yr old - he'd want to go to Jack's school!

Feel better soon!

Becca said...

did he like his entrail lunch?

my son met me at the door of his classroom yesterday and announced he didn't like the lunch I had sent and not to send it again. after he rephrased it nicely I agreed to take him home.


get better soon!

bernthis said...

Be happy, at least you weren't the one doing the cooking.

Badass Geek said...

For a school lunch? Yep, that sounds about right.

mammadawg.com said...

LOL - almost as if it were close to Halloween!

Hope you're able to get rid of the flu soon *hugs!*

Ms Picket To You said...

Feel better Jen.

Also: that lunch sounds better than what the GFYO got today -- one yogurt, two cookies, and an old slice of pizza.

Carolyn...Online said...

Sending sqeezy hugs to that adorable Jack.