Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Pledge

I DVR Oprah. It's one of my guilty pleasures. On Monday's Oprah, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher were on the show talking about their Presidential Pledge effort. I went online and watched the video and I must say, I did feel inspired to make a pledge to do something myself.

MySpace Celebrity and Katalyst present The Presidential Pledge


So, in the spirit of the Presidential Pledge here are my pledges:

1) I pledge to recycle more and make greener choices.
2) I pledge to stop using plastic at the grocery store.
3) I pledge to donate blood on a consistent basis.
4) I pledge to donate my time to a cause I'm passionate about (American Cancer Society).

9 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

Excellent pledges!

Leslie said...

Wow. Impressive. YOu have inspired me, I will now start my list.

sarahreed said...

OK,I'd like to preface this with, I support our President, Barrack Obama.

That said, I'm a littl worried.

There's a slight "Jim Jones" feel to this all.

As with every other president, Obama has 100 days to make a move.

On what?

Which one?

There are so many.

So, I Pledge.

But I want to know what the game plan is first.

Carolyn...Online said...

I think that's great. You made me feel inspired without feeling guilty. I'll think of something too.

Nash's Mom said...

That's fantastic and inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

I pledge to take the time to really educate my child on why all of these things are so important and work with him to help pick one (or two or three!) cause that we can do together and make a difference.

LilSass said...

I was totally in the theater where they filmed that show on Monday!!

@sarahreed, our President does have a bit of a following ... something I don't think we've seen in a long, long time. But if you're paying attention to the news, his actions already show his "plan". People seem to be concerned about his plan ... though he was more active as a president-elect than the actual president was. The proof's in the pudding, my friend. Fear not!

MammaDawg said...

Great pledges - you are inspiring me (or guilting me) into doing the same - lol!

For Myself said...

I need to thinkl on this for a while, but you have most certainly inspired me.

charlet said...

I am so inspired by our presidental family and the sea of brothers and sisters I have in this country unknown to me before the inugural day.
I pledge To support our president when times are tough.
I pledge to never waste a day by not expressing to everyone that I LOVE THEM.
I pledge to THANK GOD EACH DAY FOR MY LIFE!
I pledge to help at least one person a day.
I pledge to LOVE myself too.
I pledge to work hard to think positive in light of fear.
I pledge to help a hospice charity in Santa Rosa,California