Tuesday, January 13, 2009

School is school.

Me: Megan, how was school?
Megan: School.
Me: What do you mean school? I asked you how was school.
Megan: No, you said "What is school?" and I said, "school".
Me: No, I said, "How was school?".
Megan: Um, yeah. I'm gonna go with you saying "What is school" and so I'm just gonna say, "School".
Me: So, you aren't going to tell me how school was today?
Megan: Yeah, no. I'm just going to say school and go with that.

Gah! I can only imagine what my conversations with her will be like when she's 16. I'm going to go start drinking now. Goodnight.

10 comments:

Ms Picket To You said...

and cheers to that!

For Myself said...

Remember when Bill Clinton said, "It depends on what the definition of 'is' is."?

Hmmmnn. President Megan?

LilSass said...

Would it be inhumane to give her a hysterectomy now and call it a day? Ok CLEARLY I am kidding but man, that's real terrifying!

DCD said...

When my 5yr old was in daycare - daycare mind you - I would ask how his day was and what did he do that day. His response?

"Everything."

Things haven't expanded much on that since he started kindergarten either. I'm dooooooomed!

The Floydster said...

Hooo baby! How old is Megan now? Better start stockpiling tranquilizers immediately.

MammaDawg said...

Ooh girl! How 'bout we have a round of shots? Or two! ;)

Badass Geek said...

She seems to enjoy the conversation run-around that my wife does with me.

Nash's Mom said...

Oh, snap!! She is gonna be trou-ble!

Lori said...

UN-real. Really. UN-real.

Laura said...

At 16 the conversation will be: "How was school?" "Fine" with a look of disdain, a grab of a bag of something and up to her room. Enjoy the conversations now!