Saturday, February 28, 2009

The epitome of laziness

Communication is breaking down around here- verbal communication that is. I hear the high pitched dinging noise of my text messaging and get up to retrieve my phone wondering who could be text messaging me.

I look at the screen and see this:

"Did they charge our credit card for Ride the Rockies?"

Geez- it's from Jay, my loving husband. At this very moment, Jay is in the other room...not even 30 feet from where I sit. So I respond:

"This has got to be the epitome of laziness."

After another moment passes, I again hear the familiar dinging of my text messaging and look down to see this:

"No, that would be if I was asking you to bring me a beer."

Fair enough. He does have a good point there.

9 comments:

Badass Geek said...

My wife and I used to work at the same place, but our cubicles were about 15 feet apart. Instead of standing up and speaking to her to get her attention, I'd txt her instead.

Lazy maybe, but at least I didn't get in trouble for talking loudly in the call center.

Dana's Brain said...

My brother once made the statement that the secret to being a lazy bum is patience. Because if you wait long enough, someone will eventually get up and then you can ask them for what you want. It's an art form, really.

But I kinda want to try out that text message thing.

Candy's daily Dandy said...

HAHAHAAHAHAH! OMG that is a riot!
That happens all the time here and I feel the same way-but it's my daughter doing the texting!

Heehee.

The Floydster said...

What a hoot!

For Myself said...

I'll get really worried if he starts texting come-ons from the next room. Until then, all is well.

Lori said...

Hilarious.

Aimeepalooza said...

That is really funny. Texting from the next room? Ha ha ha!

Ms Picket To You said...

but did you bring him one?

Carolyn...Online said...

The bummer of the whole thing is that YOU had to get up to see who was texting you. You should carry that thing on your person at all times. You know, in case he really does need a beer.