Monday, February 2, 2009

Faux fur or gopher?



I had to capture this moment. We were waiting for the bus this morning and Megan came up to the front seat and put her head on my shoulder. Even though Megan was snuggling with me because she had a headache, I wanted to capture this moment since the sight of Megan snuggling can be as rare as seeing a Black Rhino. I didn't realize until after I took this what her face looked like.

After a moment, she lifted her head and started to play with the hood on my coat. She touched the furry part and said, "Ewww!"

"It's faux fur." I responded.

She gasped and said, "What do you mean it's gopher?!?"

11 comments:

Nash's Mom said...

Ha! No wonder she had that look on her face. You should have told her it was groundhog.....

Becca said...

LOL!!!!! gopher fur...do you find yourself wanting to dig in a gold course and blow things up?

Dana's Brain said...

Appropriate for the day, I'd say! I'm ready to skin that gopher myself for predicting 6 more weeks of winter!!

The Floydster said...

Groundhog . . . that's good; or mice/rat. Gahh - that made me shudder just typing it!

For Myself said...

She hadn't had her coffee yet, had she?

lol

Ms Picket To You said...

and psst: jen, YOU are as beautiful as your kids...

x said...

Gopher. Kind of like mink, only different.

bernthis said...

My little girl just kills me when she does that. I love her so much, my heart could burst

Badass Geek said...

I always thought that fur coats were made of cat fur. Growing up, I guess I wasn't too imaginative.

Carolyn...Online said...

Aww a squishy cuddly Megan. It's good you captured it.

Zip n Tizzy said...

Hmm... I wonder if gopher would be more tolerated than real fur. Better to stick with the faux fur!
Too funny.