Friday, February 20, 2009

We've established being a chef is not a career choice.

As part of Megan's "Road to First Communion", she is required to participate in a community service project. She has settled on volunteering for Feed My Starving Children.

**The approach is simple: children and adults hand-pack meals designed specially for starving children, and FMSC ships the meals to more than 60 countries around the world.
**From the FMSC web site.


This morning we talked about volunteering while we waited for the school bus.

Me: So Megan, you for sure want to volunteer for Feed My Starving Children?
Megan: Yeah.
Me: Jack, do you want to come with me and Megan to volunteer for Feed My Starving Children?
Jack: What is it?
Me: Well, it's an organization that puts together food and sends it to kids all over the world that don't have much food.
Jack: No. I don't want to do it.
Megan: Why don't you want to do it, Jack?
Jack: Because if I go there, it will make me want to be a chef when I grow up and I don't want to be a chef when I grow up.
Megan(laughing): Jack, they don't make you cook the food. You just put the packages of food in boxes to send to kids.
Jack: I still don't want to do it.
Me: Fair enough. But since you don't want to be a chef when you get older, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Jack: I've decided that I want to be an afleet. (***He meant athlete)

6 comments:

Dana's Brain said...

Good choice Jack. My husband (the chef) is determined that neither of our kids follow in his chef footsteps! (How he thinks he's going to stop them if they want to - I'm not sure...)

For Myself said...

If he's going to be an afleet, maybe he can run those boxes to their desinations!

The Floydster said...

Just caught up on your last two posts. My goodness, its never dull at your house, is it?

Lori said...

The blatant NO from Jack strikes me as remarkably "Jay"....

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I think polite post. Expressly the designation attracted me to read the unscathed story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.