Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Daylight Savings Time and my kids don't seem to see eye to eye.

Me personally, I love daylight savings time. Extra hours of daylight? Yes, please thankyouverymuch. My kids, seemingly not so much thankyouverymuch.

Normally Megan and Jack are early birds. They are the kids that would come knocking on your door asking your kids to play at 7:00 AM, if I let them. They are the kids that don't need alarm clocks. Their internal body clocks do that just fine thankyouverymuch. But yesterday, their body clocks were amiss. I waited patiently. 6:00 came and went. 6:30 came and went. 6:45 came and went and by 6:55, I decided I had to take action. Megan moaned and groaned a little bit as I roused her from her bed but she was manageable. Jack on the other hand, well... I opened his door and sat down on the edge of the bed. I reached over to give him a gentle nudge and instead of the usual, cheerful "Good morning Mommy!" I usually get when he makes his way downstairs, he rolled over and started yelling at me. Uh, yeah- I said yelling at me.

"GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT OF HERE! I'M NOT READY YET! I'M NOT READY YET!".

9 comments:

Dana's Brain said...

That's how I feel every time my alarm clock goes off!

I'm with you though- I had to wake Maggie up at 8:45 this morning. I debated letting her sleep and skipping Story Time at the Library - but those librarians can be really judgmental!

The Floydster said...

Dana beat me to the comment of that's how I feel every time! My dog Max just whimpers instead of yells, fortunately.

IB said...

I'm with you, I totally dig the longer days. My son will complain about it for a month!

Becca said...

last night felt like summer to me, it was above freezing and didn;t get dark until 8:30...a tease of good things to come

Candy's daily Dandy said...

oh yes sister, you are preaching to the chior here. WAIT... Until they become teens and sleep becomes their favorite pastime. I usually am greeted with a "I HATE MY LIFE" when it's an early morning wake up call.

bernthis said...

I didn't know Jack was in high school

Aimeepalooza said...

I once threw an alarm clock at my Mother who was trying to wake me because it had been going off for 15 minutes. I have no memory of this, only her word. So, ya, I feel Jack. Sleep is good. Change in sleep pattern is not good.

Twenty-Something said...

HAHAHAHA! Literally, just laughed so hard i spit water all over the computer!

I used to scream at my dad and throw pillows at him! So, your lucky for not sustaining any injuries!

Hopefully they will soon adjust and be back to their morning chipper selves!

Carolyn...Online said...

I'm with Jack. Get out. Let me sleep.

I like the extra daylight. I think we should just all agree to keep the clocks the way they are and refuse to fall back in October.