Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I guess things are different than when I was young.

Megan: Mom, you want to hear something funny?
Me: Sure.
Megan: Today at lunch, Sean leaned over my head and burped on it. He just leaned over and went like this- Buuuuurrrrp. Right on my head.
Me: That's so rude!
Megan: No it's not. It's funny.
Me: I think that is rude behavior.
Megan: Well, not in second grade it's not.
Me: Oh.
Megan: And you want to hear something else funny?
Me: Okay.
Megan: Sometimes, when I'm at the drinking fountain with Joey, we take water and go like this (makes flicking motion with her hand) at each other.
Me: Really? What do you do that for?
Megan: Because it's funny and when we walk back into Miss T's class, Joey usually has a big smile on his face...and I usually have a wet shirt.
Me: Huh... okay then. Goodnight Meg.
Megan: 'Night Mom.

14 comments:

For Myself said...

Is she in my class? I think she is.

Badass Geek said...

I think Joey's parents need to stop letting him watch National Lampoon movies.

Dana's Brain said...

I know I shouldn't be laughing, but damn. That cracked me up!

Carolyn...Online said...

Well, clearly Megan and Joey are going together and it's making Sean angry.

x said...

No, things are still the same. Girls in wet shirts still make boys smile. : )

MammaDawg said...

LOL. Okay - sorry - but that seriously had me LMAO. :)

bernthis said...

I get a lot of "mommy isn't this funny?" and me thinking , "no, not really or really, not at all."

Becca said...

aaah, good times. I remember when the boys used to snap our bra straps...

Stacie said...

haha, I have a daughter in 2nd grade too...and bodily functions are HILARIOUS... ???? :) kids.

IB said...

When I got to your blog I kinda freaked because it looks a lot like mine...I thought, What the Hell?

Funny business going on here...I'm blog-rolling you

IB

The Floydster said...

Too dang cute!

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Sound like Megan has 2 boys who kinda like her, eh?

She has a good sense of humor.

Aimeepalooza said...

Whispers in shame
my kindergarten boy passed gas in a little girl's face the other day.
Why, why, why?

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

They didn't have books like Walter the Farting dog either when we were little. Times they are a changin!

*burp*