Friday, March 13, 2009

So that's what goes on in that head of hers.

Today we had a conference with Megan's teacher. Things went just fine and Megan's teacher sent home Megan's journal with us to read. It's an interesting read. I feel like I have a better insight into her thought process. Among my favorite entries:

Entry titled "You get too much food!! Megan/great one"
I am most like the Great One because I tease my brother because my brother can't swim. I order less food at McDonald's.

(My thought: WTH????)

Entry titled "COW"
If I could talk to a cow, I would ask...Why do you make milk? Why do you say moo? Can I ride on you? Do you have a brother or sister? How old are you? Can my friend ride on you?

(My thought: Again...WTH????)

Entry titled "September 4 '08"
My family is very nice. I don't get along with my brother. His name is Jack and he is 4. My dad is a teacher.

(My thought: What am I? Chopped liver???)

Entry titled "9/18/08"
2nd grade is fun and kinda hard. We do a lot of math. We are so close to a pebble party. Cubs stink...Yay me!

(My thought: Her Bampa would be so proud)

9 comments:

Badass Geek said...

You might be. I'd have to ask Megan to be sure.

Dana's Brain said...

Oh that is so great. I can't wait for my kids' future "writings!"

Steam Me Up, Kid said...

I am very close to a pebble party as well.

No, I lied, I wasn't even invited.

Stupid pebbles.

Carolyn...Online said...

Yes, you are chopped liver and Jack should fear for his life.

Anonymous said...

Wow Megan, she has been listening to her Bampa about the Cubs..........Go Sox

Bampa W. from Geneseo, IL

Twenty-Something said...

That is so cool, I'm definitely going to assign that to m future 3rd graders.

Aimeepalooza said...

Well, at least she writes about things. Baby G is on a "sports writing ban," at school. Because all he does it write about how awesome he is at every sport and how he could beat this pro-football player and that pro-baseball player.

Becca said...

I wish I had someone to transcribe the comments my son makes while we are in the car because they are kinda like this..very random and funny

Ms Picket To You said...

LOVES it. I would ask cows the very same thing.