Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chaps=sick


In a couple weeks, Megan and her dad will be attending the annual Girl Scouts Daddy/Daughter dance. Every year, there is a theme to the dance; this year's theme requires the participants to dress up as cowboys and cowgirls. As I did the dishes tonight, I overheard Megan and Jay talking about the dance.

Jay: I think I need to find my chaps to wear to the dance.
Megan: What are chaps?
Jay: Chaps are pants without the back. They only have the front of the pants.
Megan: That is sick!

8 comments:

Joyful said...

Hysterical! I can just think of what was going through her mind.

Badass Geek said...

Chaps are kinda sick.

MilesPerHour said...

Um right. Who here, male or female, are gonna admit that chaps aren't all that bad. Depends on what is worn underneath :) Am I right?

Becca said...

Only if you're a pride parade my girl

Carolyn...Online said...

If Jay can't find any chaps he can cut a bathroom rug in half like Steve Martin did in Parenthood. Megan would d.i.e.

x said...

LOL. She's like dad, what will my girl scout leader think?!!

Pearl said...

Oh, funny!
I can picture myself as a child, hearing that there would only be the FRONT of some pants...
That IS sick!
:-)
Pearl

For Myself said...

Do the guy a favor and run and hide his chaps. When he looks at you and asks, "Where are my chaps?" Look back with an "I have no idea" kind of expression, and offer him a bandana instead.

That's the humane thing to do in a situation like this.