Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The lid controversy

Recently, Jack has been making a critical mistake- one that has not gone unnoticed by the people in our house that don't have any Y chromosomes. It started very sporadically; a few months back Jack left the lid of the toilet seat up. It wouldn't have been so bad but Megan happened to sit down without looking. Let's just say the cold porcelain wasn't very comforting and her loud squeal of "Jaaaaack!!!!" let us know she wasn't very pleased. I tried to explain to Jack that in our house, the toilet seats *must* remain down. I thought we were on the same page...until the last couple days.

On multiple occasions, Jack has left the toilet seat up. And, well, it's just disgusting- especially when it is the day before my cleaning lady arrives (like today) because that means Jack and his not-so-perfect-aim is very um...apparent and has had multiple days to accumulate when one lifts the toilet seat. I shudder just thinking about it.

So today was my breaking point. The lid was up...again. Megan happened to be standing by me and we gave each other a knowing glance and and eye roll before I sighed and called, "Hey Jack?"

"What Mommy?" he responded from the other room.

"Jack, you really need to remember to put the lid down, buddy. I'm serious. It's gross and us girls are going to start rebelling."

Megan nodded vehemently and tacked on to my sentiment. "Yeah, Jack. You aren't going to get any dates!"

And while what Megan said is perhaps true, I wasn't exactly talking about the entire human population rebelling...just the two females in this house.

9 comments:

Dana's Brain said...

Ha! Love it. Not the seat being left up - I mean lets be clear, that's gross.

Carolyn...Online said...

The scary thing is, Megan could probably make that happen.

For Myself said...

She speaks the truth. At least if he's somehow "found out" before he asks her out on that date. Ten he has no prayer.

Ms Picket To You said...

i just love the fact that you are worrying about your cleaning ladies

Badass Geek said...

I learned the "lid down" rule at a young age, but sometimes would "forget" to put it down.

It made my sisters really pay attention before sitting down.

The Mother said...

I have four boys. They all DID put the toilet seat down.

Until I sent one to college. Now, no.

I do believe that his wife will retrain him. But hopefully, not for a while.

SF housewife said...

Little Jack, remember it from now la..

Becca said...

so she's a big-picture thinker!

Lori said...

And really- what are you supposed to do... put him in Time Out? My BROTHER used to have the same issue- and it's NOT fun to sink to the bottom of toilet butt first.