Saturday, April 4, 2009

They don't even know me at all.

A few weeks ago, a high school classmate of mine posted something of interest in Facebook. She had a series of questions she asked her young children to answer- questions about her specifically. So I decided I would shamelessly steal the idea and once I had my kids trapped in the bathtub, I let the interrogation begin. I must say, the results of my line of questioning were somewhat surprising.

1) What is something Mom always says to you?
Jack: No
Megan: Uh...uh...uh...Do you have one of these questions for Daddy instead?
What I learned: Jack thinks I'm mean and Megan apparently listens to Jay more than me.

2) What makes Mom happy?
Jack: When I say I love you.
Megan: Chocolate
What I learned: Both my kids are very perceptive.

3) What makes Mom sad?
Jack: Doing mean stuff.
Megan: Hmmm...Do you have one of these questions for Daddy instead? (And after I told her "Enough with the Daddy comments, okay???" Ummm...When we say we don't want to hug you or kiss you?
What I learned: Jack makes sweeping generalizations and Megan clearly likes Jay more than me.

4) How does your mom make you laugh?
Jack: She tells jokes.
Megan: She, she, she um...well, um, I'm not very sure...I'm still thinking.
What I learned: Really??? Really??? I've got nothing on this one.

5) How old is your mom?
Jack: I don't know...100?
Megan: I think Mommy's 37.
What I learned: Apparently Jack thinks I'm as ancient as the hills.

6) How tall is your mom?
Jack: 5 inches tall
Megan: Uh, six feet and ten inches?
What I learned: I think my kids think I might be Alice in Wonderland given the disparity in their answers.

7) What does your mom do when you're not around?
Jack: She works.
Megan: Mommy eats food.
What I learned: Megan thinks I have an eating disorder.

8)What is your mom really good at?
Jack: Uh, uh, uh...Walking? Everyone's good at walking, except for babies.
Megan: Uh...let's see...What was the question? She's pretty good at making Mac & Cheese, I guess.
What I learned: Walking? Really Jack??? And Megan- Mac & Cheese? Sigh...

9) What is your mom not very good at?
Jack: Running.
Megan: Awww...Oooh! I know! Singing.
What I learned: Jack thinks I have coordination issues and Megan is very perceptive to my voice (which sounds like a dying cat).

10) What makes you proud of your mom?
Jack: I don't know.
Megan: Well, um... She um... she has freckles?
What I learned: Clearly my kids have a 9 question limit. This is just depressing.

11) How are you and your mom different?
Jack: I like fighting and Mommy doesn't.
Megan: She's bigger than me...What if I said you had a bigger bum? (hee hee hee)
What I learned: I'm a lover, not a fighter... and Megan thinks I have a fat ass.

12) How do you know your Mom loves you?
Jack: The kissing.
Megan: 'Cuz um, well if she weren't here, I don't know where I would get my cookies...or my cold milk.
What I learned: I was put on this earth to deliver cookies and milk as a sign of my utter love and devotion.

13) Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Jack: I don't know... On dates?
Megan: In her bed.
What I learned: Clearly I need to get out more.

7 comments:

For Myself said...

This was great! I'd try it with my own kids, but the truth is that I'm too big of a chicken. What I don't know can't hurt me.

Nice to hear you again!

Badass Geek said...

Your kids are always good for a chuckle.

Dana's Brain said...

Oh I love this! Your observations cracked me up. I could do this with Jake but I don't think Mags would have any idea what I was talking about. Hmmm, maybe I should just ask her!

Ms Picket To You said...

You're back!!!

Anissa Mayhew said...

I lurv Jack! Can I borrow him? Trust me, I have a feeling I'll want to give him back. My ego cannot stand it.

And who are all these dates with??

Nash's Mom said...

Oh, I like this. Can't wait to interview my little guy with the same questions!

Lori said...

They just don't think they know you because they haven't seperated themselves from you yet... do you know how many times they called your name last night? It was incessant. They know you all right- just not with any distance.