Friday, May 22, 2009

Love is all around

Jack was feeling particularly "lovey" this morning. From the moment he woke up, until we left for pre-school, he was telling me how much he loved me, Megan and Jay. Not that I complained about that one single bit!

Jack: Mommy, I love you more than anything!
Me: I love you too Jack!
Jack: I'm going to love you even when you look old.
Me: Thanks Jack! It doesn't matter what you look like, it's what is on the inside that counts, right?
Jack: Uh huh.
Me: So even when I look old, I'll still be the same person on the inside. And when you get older, you'll look different but I'll still love you just the same.
Jack: When you get old, you are going to move to a different house, right?
Me: Well, maybe. This house will be too big for me and Daddy once you and Megan grow up and move out.
Jack: When you move to your new house, will you give me your address so I can always find you?
Me: Of course! We would love it if you come to visit! And if you have kids of your own, maybe Daddy and I can babysit them- would you like that?
Jack: Uh huh!

***Then a few minutes later I walked into my bathroom. Jack followed me in there***

Jack: I know where my love bone is.
Me: Uh, what?
Jack: My love bone. I know where it is. It's right here-in my heart.
Me: Aw, that's sweet Jack.
(Jack walked out of the bathroom at this point)
Jay: I have a comment about that.
Me: Really? What?
Jay: The love bone...actually Jack, when you get older, the love bone moves further south.
Me: **giggle**

10 comments:

Badass Geek said...

The love bone. I guess he hasn't learned that the heart (and the other Love Bone, too) is actually a muscle.

Funny nonetheless.

Dana's Brain said...

Ha! The love bone. At least he doesn't know about the lower one yet - especially since he thinks it's filled with pee!

Kari said...

Too funny!!!

For Myself said...

"Will you give me your address?"

Too cute!!

Joyful said...

Precious! Precious! Indeed it will move further south, but until then...

Lori said...

Sounds like Jack is certainly on his way to some interesting self-discovery.

~Billie~ said...

HaHa! Hilarious! Yep, it definitely moves south...

Carolyn...Online said...

I knew somehow that the love bone would be taking a flight south.

Ms Picket To You said...

I needed that laugh. Make me know how much I miss this.

MammaDawg said...

"The love bone" - LMAO!! I'm still rollin' over the "filled with pee" comment!!