Friday, May 29, 2009

Some of the best conversations happen at bedtime

The other night I put Jack to bed. As I turned to leave, he asked me to snuggle with him for a minute. So I did and about 30 seconds in, he became very chatty.

Jack: Do you like to snuggle?
Me: Sure I do.
Jack: Lots of married people, and people who are boyfriend and girlfriend and live together do some snuggling.
Me: Uh... uh huh.
Jack: How long have you and Daddy been married?
Me: Almost 12 years.
Jack: Wow!
Me: That's a long time, right? July will be 12 years.
Jack: So I bet you and Daddy snuggle on your anniversary?
Me: Um... well... usually more than just on our anniversary. *snicker*
Jack: Uh huh. Where did you meet?
Me: We met in college.
Jack: College? Did you see him and think you wanted to marry him?
Me: Pretty much! Once we actually met, we saw each other pretty much every day after that.
Jack: Did you go see romantic movies?
Me: Sometimes.
Jack: Did you go on a lot of romantic dates?
Me: Not really. We didn't have much money so we pretty much hung out and watched TV or went to the library.
Jack: Did you ever sit on a bench and watch the stars together?
Me: Not that I can remember.
Jack: When I have a girlfriend, I'll take her on romantic dates and we will sit and watch the stars together.
Me: That sounds nice, Jack. That's going to be one lucky girl.

And then I kissed him goodnight.

9 comments:

Dana's Brain said...

Aw. So cute! I love it when little boys think about that stuff. 'Cause by the time they're adults they seem to have forgotten it!

Kari said...

What a cute conversation! I love it!

Badass Geek said...

Oh, yeah. He's a ladies man already.

Becca said...

how cute is that!!!!

pamela said...

I heart Jack.

Carolyn...Online said...

I love that you wrote that down to keep in his babybook. I mean blog. Because it's so cute.

Julie B. said...

Yes, I love those conversations! Katie insists I be the one to put her to bed every night and I frequently have some interesting conversations. My hubby always wants to know why she doesn't have these "fun" conversations with him...lol.

Ms Picket To You said...

is it wrong to say I LURVE JACK?

Anna said...

The part about snuggling on your anniversary cracked me up. Kids are so funny.