Friday, June 19, 2009

They're baaaack!!

Well the kids are back under my roof. It's nice to have the noise again- and to get back into the groove of things. And by back into the groove, I mean getting back the usual stuff- you know, Megan putting me in my place and Jack putting me on my pedestal.

We were driving to dinner tonight and to make conversation, I mentioned that I needed a haircut:

Me: I need a haircut bad. My bangs are out of control.
Megan: Why are you telling me that? You should be telling it to your hair.
Me: ....

And later while putting Jack to bed:

Jack: Mommy, you are yummy!
Me: Yummy?
Jack: Yes- when I tell you that you are yummy, that is another way for me to tell you that I think you are beautiful.

6 comments:

For Myself said...

God how I love little boys and the way they sweettalk their mommies. It's what makes the world (my world) go round.

bernthis said...

Megan might change her tune if she the big diff between her bday present this yesr and his

Dana's Brain said...

My boy is almost getting too old for those kind of lovey compliments. *sigh* Apparently all I have to look forward to is snarky girl comments!

Carolyn...Online said...

Yummy = beautiful. I love that.

Ms Picket To You said...

After five days of pig flu, in which my two youngest were more cuddly then they have ever been: not one called me beautiful. You must be.

msprimadonna67 said...

That's so sweet--I love it!