Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's like we never had kids

Last night my newest nephew was born! We are all very excited for this event. My sister-in-law Lori, and her husband are the proud parents of a new baby boy.

We've been anxiously awaiting this little guy's arrival. The last few months have been full of anxious moments for them (and us!) which you can read about here.

Megan and Jack are excited, too. They were telling us last night that they want a new brother of their own. It was kind of sweet the way they asked for a new brother in the same way they'd ask for a new toy, or a new dog. Obviously, we said no... but what I thought was- "Not just no, but hell no".

At any rate, he's here- and he's healthy- and I can't wait to get my hands on the little guy. We all anxiously awaited word yesterday for any news of progress and finally just like that, he was here!

Jay was sitting on the porch when I got the news so I ran out to tell him.

Me: He's here!
Jay: He is? How is everything?
Me: Good- it went fine.
Jay: But...everything's fine?
Me: Yup. They are all good. Everyone is healthy. Lori pushed for about an hour and a half and...
Jay (looking surprised): Is that normal?
Me: Yeah, I pushed for about two hours with Megan.
Jay (obviously forgetting most details about our children's births): ...(pause...pause)...huh, really? It's almost like we never had kids.

7 comments:

Dana's Brain said...

Ha! It is funny how you tend to forget the gory details of actual birth! Sometimes I wonder how these short people ended up in my house!

Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear everyone is well.

Badass Geek said...

Congratulations!

For Myself said...

Hooray for a brand new healthy baby boy (whom you can give back to mom when he cries...)! Such a beautiful thing;)

Carolyn...Online said...

Well, you know technically Jay didn't actually have the kids so maybe that's why it slipped his mind.

Becca said...

I think my hubby remembers every minute of my labor, it scarred him!! LOL

Ms Picket To You said...

YAY! And YAY!

And I'm pretty sure the Kid remembers nothing of the births.

Unlike me...

The Floydster said...

Yea for the great news!