Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mornings with Jack

This weekend we took a family trip up to our farm in Wisconsin. While we are still in the cleaning phase of our farm adventure, we opt to stay in a hotel. This means two things:

1) I usually get kicked in the face by either Megan or Jack in the middle of the night since we share a bed.

2) I get an awesome 10-12 hours of sleep since we go to bed when the kids do at around 8:00ish.

An added bonus is hearing Jack's morning thoughts. This is when he's at his most engaging, loving, and questioning self.

Morning #1 (scene-Me sleeping with Jack)
Jack (rolling over to snuggle): Snugga...snugga (translation- snuggle...I want to snuggle)
Me: ... (translation- no translation...just laying there hoping he will go back to bed).
Jack: Mommy?
Me: Yes.
Jack: You are the most beautiful girl in the whole world!
Me: Thanks, Jack.
Jack: I love you.
Me: I love you too- so much.
Jack: You are the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world!
Me: Thanks, Jack.
(pause...pause...)
Jack: Now what are you supposed to say to me?
Me: Uh...you are the most handsome boy in the whole world?
Jack: Thanks, Mommy!

Morning #2 (scene- me standing in the bathroom with Jack as he is taking his morning pee)
Jack (peeing): Mommy?
Me: Yes?
Jack (looking down): How come sometimes my penis looks like this?
Me (looking down to see his little morning wood): Uh, hmmm. Well...because sometimes that happens with boys, especially in the mornings.
Jack: But why?
Me: Uh...well...because...uh, there is blood that flows in there and it well...gets hard...and it's called an erection.
Jay (strolling by the bathroom): What's he asking about?
Me (gesturing to Jack): He wants to know why his penis looks like that sometimes.
Jay (disappearing):...

9 comments:

Twenty-Something said...

Priceless. Never forget that! Especially when he brings his first serious girlfriend home... good stories!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I thought Bampa might fall off the couch laughing at that one!!! M

Badass Geek said...

Awesome.

Jack is going to be the source of much laughter when he is older, much like he is now.

beagle said...

I am a "lurker" and hardly ever comment but I must say this totally cracked me up. I love your blog and it makes me smile.

Jen W said...

@Beagle Welcome and thanks!!!

MsPicketToYou said...

Just today the GFYO marched around the kitchen in um all his glory and said, "i could hang a flag on this!"

nothing wrong with a little overconfidence.

also: when can Jack come for a playdate?

pamela said...

LOL!!!

Dana's Brain said...

I know i say this every time - but that kid is so great! What a riot. Kudos to you too, Mommy, that's a tough one to field!

Carolyn...Online said...

I would've grabbed Jay and made him take that one. We have to deal with the girl bits and he should have to deal with the boy bits.