Sunday, August 23, 2009

And so it begins...another school year.


Big happenings around here. Jack started Kindergarten and I really can't believe Megan is in 3rd grade already.

I was anxious for Jack's first day on the bus and was hoping it wouldn't end up like Megan's .

I was really hoping that Megan would show Jack the ropes but in her excitement, she left the poor guy in the dust. He climbed on to the bus with his huge backpack, and gave me a final wave while I choked back the tears. I watched him slowly walk down the aisle of the bus and I silently urged him on, Sit down buddy...just find a seat and sit down.... Then I saw the bus driver pick up his microphone and call out for Jack to take a seat. Ugh...my heartstrings were aching and Jack finally took a seat and the bus pulled away.

But I must say, as much as things change, on some level, they seem to stay the same.

Megan still humbles me. The first morning she came downstairs and she was dressed and ready to go. I hugged her for a moment and then she looked up at me and declared, "You smell like coffee and Grandma's pull out couch." Uh... thanks????

Jack still needs me. This morning he came around my side of the bed, set his new Bionicle next to me and said, "Mommy, I was picking my ear and got earwax all over my hands...and all over my Bionicle. Can you help me clean it?" Uh...gross????

6 comments:

just making my way said...

Aw, he just didn't want to go to school with ear wax all over his hands! Man, I don't even want to think about trying to get that off a Bionicle - lots of nooks and crannies.

Happy school days to them both!

LilSass said...

Oh they're SO cute!!! I'm still here and love hearing stories of Jack and Megan ;-)

Hope you're well

Susan said...

Ah, it's good to be needed. I think.

Twenty-Something said...

Awww! I hope Jack loves kindergarten!

Carolyn...Online said...

Oh man... he got on the intercom? Was that necessary? Sheesh. They're getting so big. I hope Jack loves kindergarten. I know Megan will love third grade.

We should get Megan and Parker together and watch the world explode.

Badass Geek said...

Earwax can be a sticky little bugger.