Saturday, August 8, 2009

Momma lurves the Nintendo DS

A little quiz... Q: What could possibly cause two kids who normally bicker to drive in total silence for almost two whole hours? A: Nintendo DS.

The Nintendo DS is my best friend today. I drove back from Jay's hometown with the kids in our car that does not have the DVD player. I made sure both Nintendo DS were fully charged and we were on our way.

It was almost as if I was alone in the car- quite blissful if I do say so myself-not a peep out of the kids for about two hours until Jack broke the silence with this...

Jack: Mom, can I tell you something?
Me: Sure.
Jack: Um, the character on my Transformers DS game said a bad word in their language.
Me: Really? What did he say?
Jack: He said the other Transformer had a defective sensor- that means idiot in their language.
Megan(giggling): Defective sensor???
Jack: Uh huh. That means idiot.
Megan: No it doesn't. It just means the sensor doesn't work anymore.
Jack: Oh.

...and back to silence.

8 comments:

MilesPerHour said...

Lol-those things can have the same effect on some grown men too. I have seen it.

The Mother said...

Handheld video games were graciously given to mothers by the motherhood goddess.

Twenty-Something said...

Next time you hear him tell his sister shes got a defective sensor I guess you'll know what he means!

Badass Geek said...

Excellent. Technology is wonderful.

Carolyn...Online said...

We love our Nintendo DS's too. And I like the way Jack's brain works.

Threeundertwo said...

So funny - defective sensor makes a good euphemism.

It cracks me up when my kids use pictochat for hours to write messages to eachother - when they're sitting right next to eachother!

MsPicketToYou said...

you know what is my best friend?

the games on my iphone.

just saying.

x said...

I'm now going to regularly tell people they have a defective sensor.