Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It doesn't get much more disgusting than this

Jack and I have a ritual of sorts. Every night, we head upstairs, brush teeth, go to the bathroom, I tuck him in, snuggle with him for just a minute, and I head downstairs. I settle in to watch TV and then wait...because I know sometime between 1-10 minutes later, I'll hear his door open, hear the pitter-patter of his little feet, hear nothing for a moment or two, and then this- "Mom? Can you come wipe my bottom??"

It is then that I head up the stairs to do my motherly duty. And I must say, he makes it easy for me. He waits patiently for me to appear and he's usually in a stance that most Yoga enthusiasts refer to as The Downward Dog.

Last night was a bit different. Instead of yelling for me to wipe his bottom, he yelled, "I've got diarrhea!!!"

I reluctantly headed upstairs to find him still sitting on the toilet, holding his hand out to me. When he saw me he said, "I know I have diarrhea because when I touched my bottom, it felt like chocolate pudding."

Dis.gust.ing.

8 comments:

Twenty-Something said...

I'm not looking forward to this aspect of motherhood. at. all.

just making my way said...

Yikes. I only have wiping duties once in awhile these days. Although the other night Wonderboy called me in to view his diarrhea, so we have that in common!

LilSass said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Riddle me this , Jen. How does young Jack know the word DIARRHEA and cannot wipe his own ass? I know next to nothing about anything so please tell me, at what point during childhood does self-wiping take effect?

(This will help me decide at which age to adopt a child.)

Carolyn...Online said...

Eww. Just ewww.

Badass Geek said...

No, thank you.

MsPicketToYou said...

i would say that I just puked in my mouth, but sadly my life? too similar

Lori said...

Something to look forward to?

The Floydster said...

Ah - the importance of washing our hands after using the bathroom!